Hunters are always trying to hunt the best animal. They have been hunting mule deer and whitetails for a long time. You might be one of the beginners who have not hunted any animal. So, it is important for a person to know the differences between mule deer and whitetail. These are two species of deer, and a lot of hunters mingle through these species. People need to educate themselves before hunting so that they can hunt the right specie.
Differences Between Mule Deer and White Tail
There are certain differences between mule deer and white tails. People should know these differences. Some of the differences between these two species are as follows.
- Both of these species have different faces. The mule deer have a whiter portion on their faces. Moreover, they also have darker foreheads as compared to whitetails.
- The mule deer have longer ears as compared to a white tail.
- White tails have brown rumps. On the other hand, mule deer are different. Mule deer have distinct patches. These patches cover more areas on their rears.
- The tail is another feature that differentiates between mule deer and whitetail. The whitetail is named because of its long tail. They raise their tails to give signals to different dears. Mule deer do not have such tails as they have short tails having different colors.
- Antlers differentiate mule deer from whitetails. The pure breed of mule deer has forks in his antlers. The mule deer also has short brow lines. There are no such features in whitetails.
- The body size is also determined by the geographic location, nutrition, health, genetics, and age of the deer. Mule deer are bigger in size as compared to whitetails. Thus body size can help differentiate between mule deer and whitetail.
- Mule deer and whitetails have different behaviors. The mule deer are more accepting of the pressure and hunters. They are less jittery and laid back. Hunters can identify mule deer with the help of the way they move. Whitetails do not show such behavior.
- Whitetails are aggressive as compared to mule deer.
These are some of the most significant features that differentiate between whitetail and mule deer. These differences can help hunters differentiate between mule deer and whitetails. The hunters need to know these differences so that they can know whether they are hunting for the right specie.